Monday 13 January 2020

I, Daniel Blake blog post

I, Daniel Blake blog post


1) What is independent cinema and how is it different to Hollywood blockbusters? An independent cinema is a low budged movie such as I, Daniel Blake and Hollywood blockbusters are way higher budget which makes it more interesting.

2) What is I, Daniel Blake about?I, Daniel Blake is about a 59-year-old man who is fighting for his dignity and is helping a single mother Katie with 2 kids who lives in a one-bedroom flat. He finds a good shelter for her 300 miles away in Manchester.
3) Who directed I, Daniel Blake and why is this important? Kevin Loach is the person who directed the movie and is important because he goes around the world and telling stories/movies about people who suffer everyday.
4) How was I, Daniel Blake promoted to an audience? List at least three different methods used by the film's marketing campaign.-Organized free screenings and public talks in community centres,
 I, Daniel Blake’ was projected onto the Houses of Parliament and made the labour party attend his premier. 

5) What unusual or creative marketing methods were used to get audiences talking about the film?
Putting the movie on The House Of Parliament.
6) What was the estimated production budget for I, Daniel Blake and how much did it make at the box office?
it made $115,822 for estimated budget but for box office, it made $15,887.
7) How can independent films like I, Daniel Blake compete with Hollywood blockbusters like Doctor Strange?
better set-ups using green screen and better casts.8) In your opinion, was I, Daniel Blake a success?
In my opinion, i think it was successful because of all the money that was earned and the awards that they got for just an independent movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Times - Introduction: blog tasks

The Times - Introduction: blog tasks 1) What year was  The Times  founded and when did it start using the  Times  name? It was founded in th...